AnsweredAssumed Answered

OSBDM for Tower MCF5225X and Codewarrior 10, version 26 vs version 25

Question asked by Pablo Baena on Aug 25, 2011

Hello!

I recently purchased the Tower for MCF5225X.  It came with all the Codewarrior 7.1 and MQX 3.4 stuff. Debugging through the included OSBDM (firmware version 25) was succesful for me,  but I want to begin using the new Codewarrior 10. When I try to debug, it prompts me to upgrade the OSDBDM firmware.  Well, I understand that the current firmware version is OSBDM version 26.  Does anyone have any experience with this upgrading?

I guess I can use the included option in the Codewarrior software or the P&E Firmware Updater Utility, but I am not quite sure to do this yet, because of the fear of losing compatibility with the older Codewarrior 7.1, given that it was designed to work with version 25.

So, where can I find the S19 file for version 25, in case I need to reprogram and go back to the old system, or is there any proof that OSBDM version 26 has backwards compability to Codewarrior 7.1  for MCF5255X?
I have searched over all the PEMICRO and Freescale site and forums, but did not find anything whatsoever.
Fellow contributors of the forum, I really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Outcomes