cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set hardware signal values in MQX

Jump to solution
jarquin
Contributor I

hi somebody knows how to set DTR signal to high in MQX ? (supply the DTR pin with a constant positive voltage)

I am using the TWR MCF51CN128 with MQX 3.2

i found in the MQX I/O Users guide that we can call _io_ioctl( ) and pass the hw signal commands in order to assert the DTR signal so i tried the following

_io_ioctl( IO_IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_HW_SIGNAL |  IO_SERIAL_DTR);

but it didnt work

so please if sombody knows how set DTR signal to high in this way or another it will be very helpful

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jarquin,

The MCF51CN128's SCI module does not support RTS/CTS or DTR/DSR/DCD functionality.

The MQXIOUG.pdf does have the various HW_SIGNAL capability descriptions but they are only implemented for devices that have that support so you must reference back to the MCU/MPU reference manual.

Sorry for any hassle.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jarquin,

The MCF51CN128's SCI module does not support RTS/CTS or DTR/DSR/DCD functionality.

The MQXIOUG.pdf does have the various HW_SIGNAL capability descriptions but they are only implemented for devices that have that support so you must reference back to the MCU/MPU reference manual.

Sorry for any hassle.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
jarquin
Contributor I

Thank you very much David , I asked the same question in a service request to freescale support and they answer something wrong because they told me i could use those mqx functions (that dont have support for the MCF51CN) , i noticed that you are right and i checked how to accomplish my task (set DTR hardware signal). i thought i could set this signal in assembly code but codewarrior ide 6.2 has the check box disable to implement assembly code with the MCF51CN128. So Im worried because all the project is complete just need this signal. could you please give me some information for doing this without mqx or just a brief explanation in order to finish the last section of my project? 

thanks a lot David 

0 Kudos