cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When target processor paused the debugger loses it's connection

Crustacean
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to develop an application targeting an MCF51JM128 coldfire 1 microcontroller and am having problems with the debugger losing the connection to the target board when I pause the program to look at the registers' values.  I am using codewarrior 10.1 build ID: 110204 on a Ubuntu 11.04 system using a PE Cyclone PRO through Ethernet.  The disconnects only seem to happen when the debugger is paused, although it does not spend more than a handful of seconds in run mode.  I would use the USB connection, but am unable to get the USB drivers to compile.  Anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

FridgeFreezer
Senior Contributor I

Is the micro configured correctly? It's possible to set things up so that the debugger can halt/reset & program the CPU but not actually pause & debug.

0 Kudos

Crustacean
Contributor I

As a little clarification, it does not disconnect when I hit a breakpoint or I stop the program, it is when I try to look at a variable or a register.  I havle looked around and cannot find much about how to configure the chip for debugging, other than if it is set to be secure debugging does not work.  Is there a setting in the eclipse environment that sets the secure bit?  As I remember, the secure bit is set when you are building the image to store on the Cyclone. 

I have the clock setup in PEE mode to do USB, and in fact, the clock setup and chip setup were taken from a project I developed on a winxp box with very little trouble in debugging.

Any hints on where to look?

0 Kudos