ADC working in Scan Mode in MPC5604B

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC working in Scan Mode in MPC5604B

jaquense
Senior Contributor I

Hi, I have a doubt that concerns about ADC working in scan mode, if you configure the ADC to make the conversion in 1 us and you only have one channel to convert; my question is: every 1 us the ADC is going to convert? Or between each conversion there is going to be a time-out? If yes, how much does the time-out take in order to begin the next conversion?

The reason I asked that it is because I have a clock signal with a period of 4 us and I want the ADC to convert every period of the clock signal, so I don't know which conversion time is the correct for that specific case?.

Thanks and greetings

0 Kudos
1 Reply

v_tarasu
Contributor I

1. if you configure the ADC to make the conversion in 1 us and you only have one channel to convert; my question is: every 1 us the ADC is going to convert? Or between each conversion there is going to be a time-out? If yes, how much does the time-out take in order to begin the next conversion?

> Yes. it will be converted at 1uS if you configure, but the actual covnersion time depends upon your sample time, frequency at which AD convertor is configured + fixed number of cycle needed for the AD to digitize the voltage(conversion time)

If this entire operation is finished before 1uS, then ADC will be simply wait for next trigger(1uS)

2.  The reason I asked that it is because I have a clock signal with a period of 4 us and I want the ADC to convert every period of the clock signal, so I don't know which conversion time is the correct for that specific case?.

> If you want to convert at 4uS period, then load the appriopirate value in the register(which will trigger the conversion at the end of 4uS)

Just one additional info: I have worked on ADC module on many automotive 32 bit controller but not on this MPC5604B, but your conversion time of 1uS looks too much you are expecting. So just confirm first 1uS is possible because usually even though the core is running at high frequency, the AD convertor will be running at much lower frequency in the scale of ~10MHz.

Bye,

Thiru

0 Kudos