cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAC on MQX3.6

Curro
Contributor III

Hi to all,

I'm developing a new project and, at the moment, i'm working on twrk60n512 demo board using MQX 3.6 RTOS.

I'm trying to use DAC peripherals but I find many problems.

I started from C:\... ...\mqx\examples\dac\dac_demo.c.

MQXIOUG.pdf suggest to use custom API located in C:\... ...\mqx\source\io\dac but folder doesn't exist...

I found it in MQX 3.7 version and I tried to use drivers inside my project but I get many compiler errors.

I also tried to migrate with all my project to 3.7 but I find many other compiler errors. I think I have to spend many time to complete migration so at the moment I stopped this procedure because I'm not sure it 's the right way. 

Anyone can help me? Some ideas...?

Many thanks and best regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies

anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The DAC driver in MQX isn't available for the Kinetis family. It only supports the MCF51MM family at this time.

However you can use Processor Expert to generate a DAC driver. The PE example project in MQX uses the DAC.
See the section on using PE with MQX in the document at

C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\doc\FSL_MQX_3_7_in_CW_10_1.pdf

You will need MQX 3.7 to use PE with MQX. Try looking at the MQX 3.6 -> MQX 3.7 porting guide to see what you need to change to get your 3.6 project to compile properly with 3.7:

C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\doc\FSL_MQX_3_7_Porting_Guide.pdf

That should get you on the right track!

0 Kudos

EduardB_
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a custom board with the Kinetis K10N512 with a 4MHz oscillator on it. I was fighting a long time to port the bsp_twrk60n512_pe to K10 without any success - hundreds of errors etc. It looks like I'm not the only one:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/100698

But I was successful by porting the "non-PE" BSP - bsp_twrk60n512 to K10 (changing some macros regarding the oscillator frequency). Also the GPIO handling seems to work.

At the next step I tried to implement the DAC and realized that the IO-Drivers for the DAC are not available in the bsp_twrk60n512 - not in the MQX3.7 and also not in the MQX3.8.

Do you have any idea?

Thx

Eddie

0 Kudos

artur73
Contributor I

I installed the latest MQX library available (4.0.0) and still no DAC support there for twrk60n512.

How can I proceed with development without drivers?

Does someone have ready solutions for DAC?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You can use LDD driver from Processor Expert, or just to access to registers within Task code, or write your own driver foloowing the Application note on web.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Curro
Contributor III

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Corrado

0 Kudos