M54451EVB BSP GPIO

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M54451EVB BSP GPIO

mendelbullex
Contributor III

1. We are currently trying to test out the BSP that comes with the M54451EVB in order to see how it acts when we have a bunch of peripherals running at once. It looks to us like there is no option to enable GPIO use in the BSP. WE are unsure why and would really like to be able to do this.

2. We are also going to be configuring our own BSP in the future for the M54455/M54451 MCU (we have not decided which yet) and are unsure how we would go about doing this. Is it as easy as dealing with configure options, or are we going to have to edit a kernel config file or something along those lines?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

KyleFromBullex
Contributor III

@Mendelbullex

Just to clarify #1, we want to write to GPIO from a userspace application (preferrably through sysfs (/sys/class/gpio/)), but there's no option in the kernel configuration menu for GPIO. I've written a small kernel module which flashes the LED's on the M54451EVB by directly accessing the GPIO registers, but we want a more unified, generic solution than this, which is why I would like to see GPIO in sysfs.

0 Kudos

uolli
Contributor III

Hi Mendelbullex,

Do you have a M54451EVB board on hands? if yes, could you help me running some command on that board :smileyhappy:, thank you.

-------------

booting board with default firmware of freescale BSP, at the shell prompt of m54451EVB board, running

# asterisk -cvvvvvvvvvvvvvgd

when the asterisk booting up, please input command:

*CLI> show translation

-------------

then please post the "show translation" command output here :smileyhappy:

Thank you

0 Kudos

KyleFromBullex
Contributor III

Hi uolli,

I'm working with Mendelbullex, we have an M54451EVB available. The default firmware that ships with the BSP CD doesn't have Asterisk installed, and installing Asterisk via LTIB makes the image too large for the flash chip.

0 Kudos