cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker error when trying to use interrupt vector for MC9S12DG255

Jump to solution
AirDragon
Contributor III

I need to generate 110Hz and 50Hz periodic interrupts so that I can run a fuzzy logic controller designed for use on a small quadrotor.

I've made a similar clock scheme for an advanced lab assignment that uses the ECT to generate the needed interrupts at the specified time intervals and was succesful. However, that project used asmIDE and non-relocatable assembly to do this.

For the quadrotor, I decided to try using CodeWarrior to make the program in C/C++, to which I have very little experiance with either.

I've managed to get a majority of the hardware requirements fullfilled, but when it comes to declaring the interrupt vector table I get a linker error: "L1822: MCU_init__fv not in C:\...\main.cpp.o not defined"

I get this message even with a clean project (included) made by the startup wizard, using the same desired hardware initializations.

I am using the Device Initialization wizard, CodeWarrior 5.9.0 build 5294 Special Edition

P.S. Accidentally posted in the hardware issue forum earlier :smileyindifferent:

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AirDragon
Contributor III

Yes, that was the case.

Aparently the Initialization Device wizard (which I think is a part of the Processor Expert) in this version of CW only works with C or assembler.

Now, on to other issues...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AirDragon
Contributor III

I might've solved this one myself...

I made another test project that used only C (not C++) and relocatable assembly and did not have the initialization error.

I'll migrate C copies of the AirDragon project and see if that will work.

0 Kudos
AirDragon
Contributor III

Yes, that was the case.

Aparently the Initialization Device wizard (which I think is a part of the Processor Expert) in this version of CW only works with C or assembler.

Now, on to other issues...

0 Kudos