cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5643L resets at interrupt

jonas10
Contributor I

Hello,

I use evaluation board XPC56XX EVB motherboard with XPC56XL 144 LQFP mini module.

It seems like the processor reset at interrupt after a power-up reset has occured. This is what I do:

1) Download the.mot file (small program with one PIT interrupt) to the memory with the USB multilink interface from PE micro.

2) Push the reset button, the program executes everything works

3) Power down the board

4) Power up the board, prgram runs until an interrupt occurs, then a reset occurs and program re-starts

It's seems like one or more register bits are cleared/set (don't know in which register) at power-up reset which make that interrupts are "not allowed". After I have downloaded the program and make a external reset pushing the reset button everything works. So I guess it must have something to do with the power-up reset. 

Regards, 

Jonas

0 Kudos
3 Replies

almarto
Contributor IV

Hello Jonas10,

I do have exactly the same problem as you. I have spent a week so far in order to find I solution but I still have not succeeded. I suggest we keep in contact in order to solve the problem and communicate an eventual solution here at the forum.

Best regards!

0 Kudos

jonas10
Contributor I

I have recived an answer from support and the problem is that I use cut1 version of the controller. You can check the version you are using in registers SIUL[MIDR1] and SIUL[MIDR2].

I will try to get a cut2 or cut3 version and try with that. It should fix the problem.

/Jonas

0 Kudos

almarto
Contributor IV

Hi Jonas,

This is one of the points I checked and I can confirm to you that I am using cut2 and the problem exists. I will keep on trying to solve it and try to find I solution.

Regards!

0 Kudos