Carl Norman

CW10.1 for MCU's path issues...

Discussion created by Carl Norman on Jun 29, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 by Carl Norman

Hi,

Is there a way to do recursive path inclusion using this option "Properties > C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols > Languages > C Source File > Include Directories"? This also automatically adds them to my second method, but not as recursive..

This option appears to be the most correct way to do it.. I think?

"Adding Include paths and symbols

For CDT projects, you can define include paths and preprocessor symbols for the parser. This lets the parser understand the contents of the C/C++ source code so that you can more effectively use the search and code completion features."

The other method available, which does support recursive is this:

"Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Tool Settings > Cold Fire Compiler > Input > User Recursive Path (-ir).

When I do this method, folders cannot see other folders includes, it compiles just fine, but the IDE is not aware i.e. 

Sources/main/main.c

sources/main/main.h

sources/shell/shell.c

sources/shell/shell.h

What happens here is shell.c includes main.h, but the IDE shows 'unresolved inclusion', but shell.c can include shell.h as its in the same folder, the only way to fix this is to go back to the first method, but this requires EVERY folder to be added, which is no good when you have 50 projects and various versions and builds, it becomes un unmanageable.

Is there are third method that works properly?

Outcomes