Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSP56725 bootloader

Jump to solution
Nikko
Contributor III

Good day,

I'm looking for the DSP56725 bootloader code, I cannot find it in the reference manual.

Is this code available for viewing somewhere?

Also, regarding the bootloader for DSP56371 this time, there seems to be some disagreements between the 'Symphony Soundbite Reference Manual Rev. 2.0' and the bootloader code printed in 'DSP56371 User Manual Rev. 2.1'. Indeed, the Soundbite Manual for example mentions (p.6) a boot mode #6 with MOD[D:A] = 0110 descibed as

'Bootstrap from SHI (Slave I2C mode)(HCKFR=1, 100 ns filter enabled)'

meanwhile in the printed code this same MOD[D:A] configuration is clearly invalid and ends in a 'bra <*' instruction.

Am I looking at outdated documentation?

Thanks and regards,

Nico

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rocco
Senior Contributor II

Hi Nico,

The documentation isn't very complete. When I filed a service request because of issues with the bootloader on the DSP56721, tech-support simply sent me the bootstrap code. So maybe your best bet is a service request.

I don't know if the 721 boot is the same as the 725 boot, but at least it's a start. It is attached below, in two parts.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rocco
Senior Contributor II

Hi Nico,

The documentation isn't very complete. When I filed a service request because of issues with the bootloader on the DSP56721, tech-support simply sent me the bootstrap code. So maybe your best bet is a service request.

I don't know if the 721 boot is the same as the 725 boot, but at least it's a start. It is attached below, in two parts.

0 Kudos
Nikko
Contributor III

Hello Rocco,

Thanks for your help, the files you attached are indeed a very good start.

I'll contact soon the support and ask if there are any differences for the DSP56725, and i'll post the outcome here.

It's already the second time that you're answering my question on the forum, I appreciate that very much.

Cheers,

Nick

0 Kudos
rocco
Senior Contributor II

Hi Nick,

Yes, it seems you are encountering the same issues that I did. I'm just a few months ahead of you on the learning curve.

0 Kudos
Nikko
Contributor III

So I asked the support and they sent me a file which is essentially the one that Rocco posted.

Rocco's seems actually to be a slightly later version because it has updated comments and nicer text layout :smileywink:

Otherwise the files are identical.

Thanks again,

Nick

0 Kudos