Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10.1, Project > Change Device/Connection issue

Jump to solution
CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

I am a long time pre CW10 user and finally have been forced to learn CW10 (Eclipse).

This should be a simple one I hope, I have downloaded and installed:

Special Edition: CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers (Eclipse, Windows hosted)
Code Size Restriction: RS08/HCS08 - 32KB, ColdFire V1 - 64KB, ColdFire V2-V4/Kinetis - 128K, MPC56xx – 512K   

I have also downloaded and installed FSLMQX3.7

I have done a general import of the up the 'hello world' example in MQX, built the project and there are no errors.

I now need to burn the flash in my hardware, but, I use the Multilink USB programmer (for this test), not the TWR OSBDM programmer. After reading, and searching the help, I found the section that describes changing the connection to another flash programmer for the project (I found this by searching Multilink). It says go "Project > Change Device/Connection", when I do this I a message box saying:

"To use this wizard, please make sure a project is selected and has focus in the CodeWarrior Projects View".

Ohhh, I just found one simple problem, you cannot have the "Codewarrior Projects" window on a different monitor to the rest of the project... So for some reason, it must be docked in the same monitor... Anyway, moving on...

The next section for changing the connection doesnt match the help files at all, so I will continue anyway... It now requests to 'create a new project', I dont want to do that, but i will continue yet again, (the help files say just to select the Multilink), so am forced to click next on the create project screen, then I select the Coldfile V2 MCF52259, and next, then I seelct P&E Universal/USB Multilink, then I press finish, and nothing happens, I press finish again, nothing happens... I restart, nothing happens still...

How do I get my Mutlilink to work in CW10? Why dont the help files match what happens in CW10.1?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Carl,

As you only wish to change the connection (not the device) there is a simpler process:

• Open  Run->Debug Configurations... from the menu (or use the menu on the debug icon)
  • Make sure the correct launch configuration is selected at left and the Main tab is selected at right
  • Click the EDIT button under Remote Systems panel
  • Use the drop-down list to change the item at Connection Type: to the BDM you are using (P&E something or other I suspect)
  • Fill in the rest of the dialogue

You may need to repeat this for any other launch configurations associated with your project.

You can also change the "remote systems" (the connection) through the Remote Systems list Windows->Show view->Remote Systems  or Windows->Show view->Other->Remote Systems directly.

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Carl,

As you only wish to change the connection (not the device) there is a simpler process:

• Open  Run->Debug Configurations... from the menu (or use the menu on the debug icon)
  • Make sure the correct launch configuration is selected at left and the Main tab is selected at right
  • Click the EDIT button under Remote Systems panel
  • Use the drop-down list to change the item at Connection Type: to the BDM you are using (P&E something or other I suspect)
  • Fill in the rest of the dialogue

You may need to repeat this for any other launch configurations associated with your project.

You can also change the "remote systems" (the connection) through the Remote Systems list Windows->Show view->Remote Systems  or Windows->Show view->Other->Remote Systems directly.

bye

0 Kudos
CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

Thanks for your quick reply, I just worked it out by finding another help file which is correct, (which also is a match to what you have posted).

The help file headed "P&E USB BDM Multilink or USB Multilink Universal" is not correct. The help file headed "P&E USB BDM Multilink or USB Multilink Universal" is correct.

0 Kudos