cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Expert support for KwikStik and short term alternative

bobf
Contributor III

Hi,

May anyone please let me know when Process Expert (PE) will be supported for KwikStik?

I tried to modify PE support package for wrk40x256 (specifically MQX37\mqx\build\cw10\bsp_twrk40x256_pe and MQX37\demo\pe_demo\cw10\pe_demo_twrk40x256) to work with KwikStik, which uses K40X256VLQ100, but failed. When launching J-Link debug session, I continuously getting error: "Suspended: Signal 'Halt' received. Description: User halted thread". I'm new to MQX and CodeWarrior, so perhaps this is more than what I can handle. If I still want to use PE drivers in MQX for KwikStik ( for the benefit of easy driver configuration/initialization), is there any short term alternative before PE is formally supported for  KwikStik?

BTW, I applied the latest MQX update for KwikStik.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

bobf

0 Kudos
4 Replies

gustavod
Contributor III

Hi Bobf,

I do not have any solution for the PE support to the kwikstik. However, i would like to invite you to try our RTOS on the kwikstik. We have some drivers for this kit that could help you. Such drivers are:

- USB CDC (based on Freescale USB stack 3.0)

- Flextimer

- AD

- DA

- Touch Sensing

- LCD

- PIT

- buzzer

We have a demo with a very simple sound recorder. This demo records 3 seconds of audio and alternates between playing the sound recorded and the exibition of the RTOS uptime.  You can download the code here (its free and open source:

http://brtos.googlecode.com/files/BRTOS%201.6x%20K40%20-%20sound.rar

Regards,

Gustavo

0 Kudos

marek_vinkler
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Following are steps how to make KwikStik working with Processor Expert and MQX.

1. Import the existing BSP for MK40 based on Processor Expert - bsp_twrk40x256_pe into CodeWarrior

2. Disable RTC oscillator property in the CPU component

3. Change system oscillator frequency to 4MHz - Property Clock Settings > System oscillator > Clock source > Clock frequency [MHz].

4. Disable RTC support in BSP configuration - user_config.h

#define BSPCFG_ENABLE_RTCDEV     0

5. Build the BSP library

6. You can use the existing demo pe_demo_twrk40x256 to test whether you are able to debug the application. Note that this application is not for KwikStik, but for TWR-MK40, so the application will not probably work as expected ....

0 Kudos

bobf
Contributor III

Hi MarekV,

Thanks a lot for you help! I used other ways to get it work. At least it's working so far. When I encounter problems, I might come back to use your approach.

I appreciate your help!

bobf

0 Kudos

bobf
Contributor III

Hi MarekV,

I now have problems. With both your approach and my own approach, I built Kwikstik BSP with PE, and Kwikstik Demo Lab project. When Kwikstik  was plugged  into a Windows 7 machine, an error message came up saying the USB device cannot be recognized. In my prototyping project, I also need use USB. I'm not sure where is the problem, and not sure if I did anything wrong.

If Freescale has a working  PE version of Kwikstik BSP now, and  Kwikstik Demo Lab project works with it, may you please send me an informal copy before it's formally released?

Thanks,

bobf

0 Kudos