Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing the libraries with source code

Jump to solution
SVC2
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to compiler the web_hvac_m52259evb example without the libraries. Instead, I would like to have the source code.

I started with shell libraries: I removed the shell.a and replaced it with: Shell Source

i.e.,

Shell Source\MQX

Shell Source\Shell

Shell Source\MFC

Shell Source\RTCS

I get a compiling/linker error:

shell_flush_cache is defined in sh_cash.c and sh_flush.c.

Similarly,

Telnetd_shell_template defined in RTCS.c and sh_tnetd.c

The function and structure are defined in 2 files and there seem to be no #ifdef dictating which one to use.

So which one should I use and why?

Thanks,

S

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrL
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

there shouldn't be any difficulties in using source code instead of libraries (although I also do not see much advantages).

The first problem :

shell_flush_cache - this function is defined in both files, but only one file is really used in shell project. Use the one which you find in shell library.

Telnetd_shell_template - this is different, the linker automatically override the function definition from library by the one defined in application. In your case - having both files in one project you should delete/rename one of them.

PetrL

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PetrL
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

there shouldn't be any difficulties in using source code instead of libraries (although I also do not see much advantages).

The first problem :

shell_flush_cache - this function is defined in both files, but only one file is really used in shell project. Use the one which you find in shell library.

Telnetd_shell_template - this is different, the linker automatically override the function definition from library by the one defined in application. In your case - having both files in one project you should delete/rename one of them.

PetrL

0 Kudos