Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROM space on DSP56371

Jump to solution
Nikko
Contributor III

Hi,

Looking at the datasheet, there's 128 Kwords of ROM storage on the DSP56371.

However I couldn't find any info on what the programmer can do with that space.

Is this ROM programmable? Does it contain any default data?

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rocco
Senior Contributor II

Hi Nick,

You can't find anything about the ROM space in any of the documentation. I had to file a service request to find out about it.

But the ROM wasn't my original question in the service request. Notice that there are multiple part numbers for the DSP56371: DSPB56371, DSPC56371 and DSPD56371. I wanted to know the difference between them, and which one I should order.

I was told that I needed to order the "DSPB" variation, because it does not contain any ROM code. The other variations contain ROM code that requires a license. So that ROM space is reserved for Dolby, DTS or other proprietary audio algorithms that you might need and have a license for.

So for me, the ROM space isn't even there in the chips I use.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rocco
Senior Contributor II

Hi Nick,

You can't find anything about the ROM space in any of the documentation. I had to file a service request to find out about it.

But the ROM wasn't my original question in the service request. Notice that there are multiple part numbers for the DSP56371: DSPB56371, DSPC56371 and DSPD56371. I wanted to know the difference between them, and which one I should order.

I was told that I needed to order the "DSPB" variation, because it does not contain any ROM code. The other variations contain ROM code that requires a license. So that ROM space is reserved for Dolby, DTS or other proprietary audio algorithms that you might need and have a license for.

So for me, the ROM space isn't even there in the chips I use.

0 Kudos
Nikko
Contributor III

Hi rocco,

Thanks a lot for your helpful post, this makes indeed sense with what we can read on their website about the Dolby and DTS stuff. Although it's not particularly good news for me :smileywink:

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos