cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K60N512 and TWR_SER

Jump to solution
lowks
Contributor III

Hi, I wish to check on the following questions using MQX 3.7 on TWR-K50N512 with TWR_SER:

1. I noticed that the string output from the kernel is outputing to the serial port on the TWR_SER. Is the serial output from one of the UART port in K60 or from the OSJTAG? If we wish to change the output destination for the output string, is it possible?

2. Can the UART on the TWR_SER be used to connect to one of the UART on K60 so that I can test out the PE UART generated drivers? What are the changes in the jumpers required?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The default serial output is determined by the value of BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL (set in <mqx_dir>\mqx\source\bsp\twrk60n512\twrk60n512.h).

*      "ttyf:"     OSJTAG-COM  pollled mode      (UART5)
 *      "ttyd:"      TWR-SER     polled mode      (UART3)

The default should be ttyf. That means the data comes out of UART5 on the K60 chip, and is connected to the JM60 on the tower board (which holds the OSJTAG software). The OSJTAG software then acts as a bridge to convert it to USB data.

No jumpers have to be changed to switch between the UART's. The DB9 connector on the TWR-SER is hard wired to UART3 on the K60 board. You can look at the TWR-SER and TWR-K60N512 schematics for further details.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The default serial output is determined by the value of BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL (set in <mqx_dir>\mqx\source\bsp\twrk60n512\twrk60n512.h).

*      "ttyf:"     OSJTAG-COM  pollled mode      (UART5)
 *      "ttyd:"      TWR-SER     polled mode      (UART3)

The default should be ttyf. That means the data comes out of UART5 on the K60 chip, and is connected to the JM60 on the tower board (which holds the OSJTAG software). The OSJTAG software then acts as a bridge to convert it to USB data.

No jumpers have to be changed to switch between the UART's. The DB9 connector on the TWR-SER is hard wired to UART3 on the K60 board. You can look at the TWR-SER and TWR-K60N512 schematics for further details.

0 Kudos