Did you mean: 

FlexTimer in K10

Jump to solution
lowks
Contributor III

Hi,

I read in the K10 documentation the following:

Timing and Control:

• Powerful FlexTimers which support general purpose, PWM, and motor control functions

When I tried to test out the CodeWarrior Processor Expert functionality to generate code to produce a PWM output before selecting a chipset, I am able to choose the following:

1. Timing -> Generate Signal to Pin -> Pulse Signal with the 1:1 ratio

But when I selected the K10 chipset, there is no option to generate a PWM output at all. The previous option has been removed. Does it mean that variable PWM output is NOT possible using K10 as indicated by the Processor Expert?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello

Kinetis family was covered by a new set components – Logical Device Driver (LDD). Timer components (TimerInt, TimerOut,  …) are not currently supported for Kinetis family. For generating pulse signal with ratio 1:1 to a pin it is possible use the TimerUnit_LDD component. Please find attached project with TimerUnit_LDD component pre-set to generate pulse signal 1:1 ratio to a pin.

Best regards

Jiri Rezler

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello

Kinetis family was covered by a new set components – Logical Device Driver (LDD). Timer components (TimerInt, TimerOut,  …) are not currently supported for Kinetis family. For generating pulse signal with ratio 1:1 to a pin it is possible use the TimerUnit_LDD component. Please find attached project with TimerUnit_LDD component pre-set to generate pulse signal 1:1 ratio to a pin.

Best regards

Jiri Rezler

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos
lowks
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply. Now I know how to produce a PWM output in K10 :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos