Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to place Chip into "Special Single Chip Mode" - MC9S12DG12​8

Jump to solution
jonathan_abbati
Contributor III
Hello Friends!

I am working with the MC9S12DG128 chip on the Adapt9S12D board and I am having some troubles dealing with a error message which is:

"Target Connection Failure

USBDM can't enable BDM made on the target. This may indicate that the device is secured"

I am using a USBDMLT to interface the board with the computer as well. Additionally, I have come across a few pieces of information on the internet which states for me to place the chip into "special single chip mode". However, I do not know how to go about doing this. Can anyone please help shed some light on this situation for me, I greatly appreciate your time my friends and  I wish you a most miraculous set of days to come.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jonathan_abbati
Contributor III

you should be able to unsecure the device by using the stand-alone programmers supplied with USBDM - probably HCS12_FlashProgrammer.exe.  Just load any S19 file you have from a suitable project and select the unsecure radio button. This was sent from "PGO" and it has worked for me so I hope that it works for you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jonathan_abbati
Contributor III

you should be able to unsecure the device by using the stand-alone programmers supplied with USBDM - probably HCS12_FlashProgrammer.exe.  Just load any S19 file you have from a suitable project and select the unsecure radio button. This was sent from "PGO" and it has worked for me so I hope that it works for you!

0 Kudos