cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path problem with MQX 3.7.0 with CW 2.7.1

Jump to solution
blake_genes
Contributor II

I installed MQX version 3.7.0, and CodeWarrior version 2.7.1 (eval version).

If I make a bare-metal project to blink some lights, everything works great.

When I create a new project using MQX Stationary, I get a "Project Messages" dialog with a whole bunch of  errors.  The errors are:

User defined root 'MQX_PATH' cannot be found

The following access path in target "Int Flash Release" of project "mqx1.mcp" cannot be found:

{MQX_PATH}lib\m52259evb.cw\mfs

and on and on about 50 times, once for each file it cannot find.

This behavior happens even when I try to load a project created under CW 2.7.0.  The project loads fine under 2.7.0, but gives these error messages with 2.7.1.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
blake_genes
Contributor II

Replying to my own message.

You have to rebuild the MQX libraries for your board in CW 7.2.  The libraries are pre-built for CW10.1, but not CW7.2.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
blake_genes
Contributor II

Replying to my own message.

You have to rebuild the MQX libraries for your board in CW 7.2.  The libraries are pre-built for CW10.1, but not CW7.2.

0 Kudos
ee
Contributor II

On a related note, does anyone know where I can find stationery for CW 7.2 to create a basic MQX project for TWR-MCF5225X?  Its so tedious to manually define all the locations for all the targets in a project.

My CodeWarrior ColdFire 7.2 directory has no stationery.  I have other CodeWarriors installed, and found some MQX stationery under my CodeWarrior MCU 6.3 installation.  I believe the Freescale MQX 3.7 unstaller got confused under these conditions (multiple CodeWarriors) and put some stationery in the wrong place.  Or I got confused somehow.  But as it is, there is only stationery for older processors, and none for MCF5225X.  I hesitate to erase stuff and start installations over.

Is there some web location where I can download basic MQX 3.7 stationery for CWCF 7.2 MCF5225X?

0 Kudos
ee
Contributor II

To answer my own question, fortunately TWR-MCP52259 stationery can be found in the MQX directory:

C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\tools\codewarrior_extensions\CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.2\Stationery

I copied the entire Stationery directory and moved it where CodeWarror can find it when it runs:

C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.2\Stationery

Steve

0 Kudos