AnsweredAssumed Answered

Automated build (CW10 for MCU, Coldfire v1 51AC)

Question asked by Maxime Larocque on May 11, 2011
Latest reply on May 13, 2011 by Maxime Larocque

Hi,

To help with the build & release process, I need to automate the compilation and linkage of our project.

We are using CW10 for MCU, for a Coldfire v1 MCF51AC256 on Windows.

We are using Subversion as SCM, and we use branches to do bug fixes & advanced development.

We would like to be able to do a SVN checkout to any directory, click on a .bat file and automagically get a downloadable firmware.

The recommended solution seems to be ecd.exe:

https://community.freescale.com/message/77292#77292

It works well, but requires a Workspace. The Eclipse Workspace cannot be put in Subversion (absolute paths), and I did not find a way to create a new workspace without manual intervention.

If no workspace is provided, it complains about not finding the _startup symbol at link time.

The other solution is to use the generated makefile in ${Project}/MCF51AC256B_Internal_Flash, but then again the paths are absolute. I could create a script to modify the paths to become relative, but it would require a lot of maintenance.

I prefer to use the Eclipse Project as the single source for listing the files, to prevent mismatches while debugging / releasing. However, if no other option exists, I may create a specific Makefile.

Any suggestion? Does CW 10.1 adds an option for that?

Regards,

Maxime

Outcomes