AnsweredAssumed Answered

CW10.0 - MQX3.6 - MCF51JM128 device doesn't run without ML-Universal adapter connected

Question asked by Angelo Quattrociocchi on May 3, 2011
Latest reply on May 4, 2011 by Angelo Quattrociocchi

I'm using a P&E Micro USB Multilink Universal programmer and I have no issues flashing, debugging, and running the program as long as the programmer is connected, but the program doesn't run otherwise if I use any _time_delay calls.  If I get the code running and then disconnect the programmer it continues running, but if cycle power or reset it, the program stops.  I have 10k pull-ups on the BKGD and RESET lines, and the oscillator runs normally, but as I found out, whenever it reaches a _time_delay() function call, it stalls. 

What I have is a custom board based on the EVB51JM128 reference design, and I created a new MQX3.6 project using that EVB in CW10.0.  I rebuilt the BSP and PSP but it didn't help.  I don't see any MQX or compiler options that would seem to me to affect this.

Are there any suggestions as to what I might try here?

Thank you

PS.  I originally posted about this in the Coldfire forum as I thought it was a hardware issue, but I beleive now it's related to MQX.  Here's my original post:  https://community.freescale.com/thread/83762

Outcomes