New MQX Project with Processor Expert (CW 10.1 and MQX 3.7)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MQX Project with Processor Expert (CW 10.1 and MQX 3.7)

Jump to solution
MK_User
Contributor I

How do I specify a new MQX project that has support for the PE components?

I can modify the PE demo under the MQX folder and recompile, and use the new LDD's, but I could not find any info on how to start a fresh new project.

Does specifying an MQX project automatically pick the PE enabled MQX I've compiled? (I have both PE and non-PE compiled).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
petr_uhlir
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes you are right. Resultant directory is the same for standard BSP as well as PE BSP. 

It means that the last build BSP will be used in your application.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
petr_uhlir
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The integration of Processor Expert and MQX is done at BSP level. So the easiest way to create your BSP with PE components it to modify Kinetis standard BSP. See steps for TWRK60 below

1. Copy ProcessorExpert.pe file from "mqx\build\cw10\bsp_twrk60n512_pe\ProcessorExpert.pe" to "mqx\build\cw10\bsp_twrk60n512" directory. This project contains setting of CPU component (Clock, GPIO, timers,... which you can reuse and modify in your BSP)
  2. Open "\mqx\build\cw10\bsp_twrk60n512\.project" in CodeWarrior 10.1
  3. Modify settings of PE components 
  4. Generate Code Menu->Project->Generate Processor Expert Code
  5. If generation process is sucessfull recompile BSP Menu->Project->Build Project
  6. The compiled BSP library and header file are copied into "lib\twrk60n512.cw10\bsp" directory
  7. The application project for MQX with Processor Expert is the same as standard project, so to create new application you can use wizard. Go to "File->New->MQX 3.7 Project" Select Board and libraries which are to be linked into your application. 
  8. Now you have MQX project which uses BSP preconfigured by PE. 
If you want to modify existing or add new components go back into BSP, change it, rebuild library.
Example howto call PE components from user application can be found in pe_demo.

0 Kudos
Vagni
Contributor IV

I have CW 10.1,  MQX 3.7 and a TWR-K60N512.

I have cloned the existing PSP and BSP to psp_My_twrk60n512 and bsp_My_twrk60n512_pe and rebuilt them.

Now I have my lib\My_twrk60n512.cw10\psp\psp_My_twrk60n512_d.a and lib\My_twrk60n512.cw10\bsp\bsp_My_twrk60n512_d.a.

But when I try to create my new MQX+PE based application, in the wizard I cannot see my new board, I see only the TWRK60N512 board (see attachment).

How to create a new MQX+PE based application which is related to my new PSP and BSP?

0 Kudos
bugs
Contributor III

Have anyone found out how to make the cloned BSP for our customized board appears in  creating my new MQX+PE based application?

0 Kudos
TugboatCaptain
Contributor III

thread bump... Same question as Vagni

How do we get a newly cloned BSP to appear in the Select Board part of the New MQX Project wizard?

0 Kudos
drb
Contributor II

will this process be improved in the future?

one of my concerns is that we are starting a new project and we have a  team of developers. on a version control system point of view, I think it is difficult to pinpoint which files to check in and which files to checkout. and I find placing those files in their respective folders a difficult task to do (maybe a batch file will do)

I hope there is a way to create a new project wherein all the files (BSP, PSP, etc. etc.) needed are contained only on that project folder without linking any files outside that folder.

0 Kudos
NelsonNorris
Contributor I

I have the same issue using CW 10.2 and MQX 3.8.  What files are necessary to be version-controlled, and how do you handle multiple devices which use different bsp and psp files?

0 Kudos
K70_Beginner
Contributor I

Same question as Nelson Norris here...

0 Kudos
drb
Contributor II

thread bump. I hope there will be some neat solution for this one.

0 Kudos
MK_User
Contributor I

OK, I think I understand the whole process, but let me double check with you:

If I build the non-PE MQX BSP, the resultant files will be put into "lib\twrk60n512.cw10\bsp" for use by my application.

The same applies for the PE-enabled MQX BSP.

So, the last MQX BSP I build, whether PE or non-PE, will be the one that is used by my application code?

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
petr_uhlir
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes you are right. Resultant directory is the same for standard BSP as well as PE BSP. 

It means that the last build BSP will be used in your application.

0 Kudos
lowks
Contributor III

i will like to check if any changes is required on the PSP level if porting to K10 from the K60 MQX BSP.

I saw that there is a new document that teaches how to port BSP for the same chipset. Are you able to advise on the steps required when changing the chipset of the BSP, from K60 to K10?

In fact, I will be more than willing to pay someone to help me do the porting! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Kyle_Apollo
Contributor II

I am also interested in this, I haven't found any documentation explaining the best way to do it.

0 Kudos