AnsweredAssumed Answered

Codewarrior 10.1 Downloading process is getting corrupted

Question asked by Robert Hodson on Apr 19, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 4, 2011 by Robert Hodson

I am using Codewarrior 10.1

I have MQX 3.7 Installed and I am trying to debug a program on a board with a MCF51JE256 processor.

Immediately after I created a new project using the MQX 3.7 Wizard, and moving my known good app source files over. I connect to my target using  a PEMicro USB Multilink Pod. This worked for a few sessions, until now. I terminated my debug session, recompiled and attempted to download the new image, but this time the debugger prompted me with a new message. " The target MCU is not responding. Please turn MCU power off (Under 0.1V), turn MCU power on, and then click OK...."

I did and then it told me "Device is secure. Erase to unsecure?" I Clicked Yes and the image seems to download, but instead of going to main it goes to __boot (in boot.c) and Resume now only single steps through code.

Things I have already done:

I have reinstalled CW 10.1, Reinstalled MQX 3.7, rebooted the computer, recycled target power, unplugged the pod,  replaced the pod, swapped out hardware, and none of that had any effect.

I was successfully using the same setup prior to installing MQX 3.7 (but I am unsure if this is the cause), because I also changed the BSP I was using from twrmcf51MM to the twrmcf51JE, as it is now available and is technically more correct.

The only way to stop the error is to completely scrap my project, and start over (VERY FRUSTRATING). This is the second time this has happened today.

What information can I provide to expedite the troubleshooting of this problem?

Outcomes