cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About bit 0 of register RCWHR of MPC8309

Jump to solution
Shande
Contributor I

Does anyone know about the newest MPC8309?

Am i able to set bit 0 of register RCWHR to PCI agent mode? It is not clearly discussed in MPC8309RM. And we are using it as a PCI agent in our new design. We are using it as a PCI-to-ethernet bridge which could bring us 3 ethernet ports per chip. Is it capable to do so? Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
genuap
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The RCWHR is a read only register that reflects the hardware config word. Yes, you can set the 8309 to PCI agent, but you have to do that via the reset config word. Then SW can read the RCWHR to see if it actually was set correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
genuap
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The RCWHR is a read only register that reflects the hardware config word. Yes, you can set the 8309 to PCI agent, but you have to do that via the reset config word. Then SW can read the RCWHR to see if it actually was set correctly.

0 Kudos
Shande
Contributor I
Thank you so much! Will MPC8309 operate as a PCI agent using reset config word when boot up? Say i am using I2C to set the RCW. so i drive CFG_RESET_SOURCE[0:3] to 0100, and the bit 0 of Reset configuration word high in the I2C ROM is 0 . Does it act the same as MPC8313 about this?
i want to use it as a PCI-to-ethernet controller, which can get 3 ethernet ports and i want to disable the core. is MPC8309 capable to do so?
0 Kudos