CW10.1 & PE USB Coldfire Multilink problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10.1 & PE USB Coldfire Multilink problem

bkohan
Contributor II

I installed CW10.1.  Sucessfully imported a CW7.1 project and built it with no errors.  When I started the "Flasher", the P&E Multilink was automatically updated to Version 5.54.  At first I could not connect to the Multilink.  I got plenty of error messages.  After re-installing the P&E drivers, I was able to connect and Flash the device, (MCF52259).  I then start the Debugger.  It connects to the target.  When I click "Resume", the target will sometimes Run and sometimes it will not.  When I click "Halt" an error message is displayed, "lost communications"?  When I click "Terminate" another error message is displayed.  It looks like the update tp P&E firmware broke the Multilink.  I get similar results with CW7.2.  I tried this on another computer anf get the same results.

What happened?  How can I fix this?

Thanks,

B.K.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

RuiFaria
Contributor III

Hi,

I am having the similar problem with my PE multilink.

Only i could erase/flash again the Device (also MCF52259) after i disassemble the BDM and change the Jumper Position to NO CLK instead of WITH CLOCK.

Doing this i suppose that i am choosing the Asynchronous mode (See Section 10 of Technical summary for USB-ML-CF).

I hope that has the same result with you but i don't understand what is the problem.

0 Kudos

timias
Contributor IV

You might try rebuilding your project from scratch. That is Create a new project using the wizard, and then adding in your source files. It seemed to fix my problem temporarily,  which sounds similar to yours, but in my case it eventually broke again after some debugging.

0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I've got the same issue since CW10.1 makes a multilink firmware update with v5.54. The USB coldfire Multilink stopped working with CW7.1 (and CW7.2 maybe). I can't migrate my project, because of changes parameters passing rules between CW7.1 and 7.2.

Is it possible to downgrade the multilink's  firmware or replace some CW dlls?

Emmanuel

0 Kudos

RuiFaria
Contributor III

Hi,

Yes, it is possible. Download the firmware from Website (for example USBMLCF20_ENS.553), rename it to USBMLCF20_ENS.555 and run PE software to "upgrade" the firmware.

I already try to downgrade my multilink this way and it works.

link to website: http://www.pemicro.com/support/download_processor.cfm?type=4

Good luck

0 Kudos