AnsweredAssumed Answered

S12NE64 - Out of allocation space in segment ROM_C000 at address 0xEC6B

Question asked by AAguilar on Mar 30, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2011 by kef

Hello.

I'm working on my tesis to complete my studies of Electronic Engineering.

It's my first time with a microcontroller of S12's Series.

I really don't understand the themes of banked and non-banked memory.

I need to make a web server. For that I'm studing the AN2836 for NE64 microcontroller.

When I compile that project, codewarrior generates an error that says:

"Out of allocation space in segment ROM_C000 at address 0xEC6B"

The code of the .PRM is here:

NAMESENDSECTIONS  //    RAM       = READ_WRITE 0x2180 TO 0x3FFE;     /* BUFMAP = 0 (128 byte) *///    RAM       = READ_WRITE 0x2300 TO 0x3FFE;     /* BUFMAP = 1 (256 byte) *///    RAM       = READ_WRITE 0x2600 TO 0x3FFE;     /* BUFMAP = 2 (512 byte) *///    RAM       = READ_WRITE 0x2C00 TO 0x3FFE;     /* BUFMAP = 3 (1K) less then means no DHCP*/    RAM       = READ_WRITE 0x3200 TO 0x3FFE;     /* BUFMAP = 4 (1.5K) */    /* unbanked FLASH ROM */    ROM_4000 = READ_ONLY  0x4000 TO 0x7FFF;      ROM_C000 = READ_ONLY  0xC000 TO 0xF780;    /* banked FLASH ROM */    ROM_Mon  = READ_ONLY  0xF800 TO 0xFEFF;    SECURITY = READ_ONLY  0xFF00 TO 0xFF0F;        ROM_FF10 = READ_ONLY  0xFF10 TO 0xFF7F;    PAGE_3C  = READ_ONLY  0x3C8000 TO 0x3CBFFF;       PAGE_3D  = READ_ONLY  0x3D8000 TO 0x3DBFFF;   ENDPLACEMENT    _PRESTART,                   /* Used in HIWARE format: jump to _Startup at the code start */    STARTUP,                     /* startup data structures */    ROM_VAR,                     /* constant variables */    STRINGS,                     /* string literals */    NON_BANKED,                  /* runtime routines which must not be banked */    COPY                         /* copy down information: how to initialize variables */                                 INTO  ROM_4000,ROM_C000;    MyConstSegPage1        INTO  PAGE_3C;    DEFAULT_ROM                  INTO  PAGE_3D;    DEFAULT_RAM                  INTO  RAM;ENDSTACKTOP 0x3FFF

How can I solve this problem?

In AN2836 comments the following:

"P&E_ICD_linker.prm also defines the placement of the sections. It is noteworthy to discuss the

MyConstSegPage1 placement

MyConstSegPage1 refers to a web server file array for the ActiveX

component, NE64DemoNOPIC_file, which is contained in NE64DemoNOPIC.c. Because

NE64DemoNOPIC.c is a constant array, by default, it would be stored in ROM_VAR which causes a

FLASH allocation problem for this project. Creating MyConstSegPage1 and grouping the

NE64DemoNOPIC_file data with DEFAULT_ROM resolves the FLASH allocation problem. More

information on FLASH allocation can be found within the CodeWarrior user manual."

I don't understand indeep that. My question is how to implement that correction to solve my problem?

Thank you very much, I will waiting your answers!

Outcomes