Cannot access to the controller when PC's IP address is set to be obtained automatically

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access to the controller when PC's IP address is set to be obtained automatically

Jump to solution
winmaxi
Contributor I

I set up the webpage, and it would be accessed fine if I configured the PC's IP address to be a similar IP. For example, if controller's IP is 111.222.3.3, then if PC's IP address is set to be 111.222.3.4, I will be able to access the webpage. At this time internet cable is plugged in on PC and also the microcontroller, so they are not connected through cable, but actually through internet.

But if I set the PC to obtain an IP address automatically, it will not direct me to the webpage.

The IP address I used was not in use, and it would be right, but it did not work.

Anybody knows why's that and how can I modify it to get the webpage show right?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrL
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

do you set your application to obtain IP address using DHCP? If so, try check DHCP and your application if you DHCP address was assigend to you. Then try ping..

What platform are you using? I would suggest you to try rtcs/examples/shell example application and :

ipconfig init

ipconfig dhcp

and then ipconfig for displaying the result of the operation.

then ping.

If everything is OK then try HTTP server.

Regards,

PetrL

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PetrL
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

do you set your application to obtain IP address using DHCP? If so, try check DHCP and your application if you DHCP address was assigend to you. Then try ping..

What platform are you using? I would suggest you to try rtcs/examples/shell example application and :

ipconfig init

ipconfig dhcp

and then ipconfig for displaying the result of the operation.

then ping.

If everything is OK then try HTTP server.

Regards,

PetrL

0 Kudos