Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC13226 UndefInstructionHndlr

Jump to solution
markjuggles
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a BeeKit project that is set up for an RF4CE Target based on the Simple TV application.  The debug application compiles with 0 warnings and 0 errors using IAR version 5.20.2.  It downloads and verifies using JTAG.  All is good so far.

When debugging, the breakpoints at Main() and TS_Scheduler() never get hit.

Inside Init-IAR.S, execution proceeds from __start_ to a branch to  __rom_data_init.  It then goes immediately to __UndefInstructionHndlr_ and dies.

Apparently it is failing to initialize the ROM entry points.

Can anyone explain how to resolve this problem?

Thank you,

Mark

0 Kudos
1 Solution
markjuggles
Contributor I

This was due to the wrong microcontroller being used.  BeeKit states that the Consumer Electronics Stack (RF4CE) will run on the MC1322x but in reality it will only run on the MC13224 at this time.  A port to the MC13226 may be available in the future.

Apparently the ROM Init cannot determine if the device is a '224 or a '226 and crashes if the unexpected ROM contents are present.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
markjuggles
Contributor I

This was due to the wrong microcontroller being used.  BeeKit states that the Consumer Electronics Stack (RF4CE) will run on the MC1322x but in reality it will only run on the MC13224 at this time.  A port to the MC13226 may be available in the future.

Apparently the ROM Init cannot determine if the device is a '224 or a '226 and crashes if the unexpected ROM contents are present.

0 Kudos