cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMaster with JTAG on 56F8025

PhilC69
Contributor II

Hi,

I want to use Freemaster with my application board based on a 56F8025. I must use the JTAG communication because the SCI is already used in my application. I configured the Freemaster component in CodeWarrior DSC 8.3.

I created a new project in Freemaster 1.3.10.1 with JTAG communication plug-in module but when i start communication i have the message in the attached picture.

I tried with USBTAP and also with LPT (with CodeWarrior-CCS JTAG and Direct-LPT JTAG). The result is the same (I have the USBTAP and the parralel command converter).

Where is the  problem ?

Thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

midea
Contributor I

hi.

i am a Chinaese.My Codewarrior cannot use 56F8025.... What shuold i do ?

0 Kudos

PhilC69
Contributor II

Hello,

I think you should update your CodeWarrior version. Use the CodeWarrior Developpement studio for DSC56800/E 8.3.

0 Kudos

midea
Contributor I

Thank upstairs:robottongue::robottongue:

0 Kudos

JardaP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

This behavior is like, that you didn’t select JTAG interface on embedded site - check your freemaster_cfg.h if you have

"#define FMSTR_USE_JTAG 1" or in QuickStart configuration tool selected JTAG interface on FreeMASTER page.

0 Kudos

PhilC69
Contributor II

Hello,

now everything works fine, i use freemaster in polling instead of interrupt.

Thanks

0 Kudos

xucg
Contributor I
hello, I also meet the problem!Can u explain it to me in detail? thank u!! xucg
0 Kudos

PhilC69
Contributor II

Hello,

you must add the component (or bean) FreeMaster in your CodeWarrior project.

Then you can configure this component as you can see in the attached picture.

And finally, i added this lines in my source code in the infinite loop :

for(;:smileywink:

{

GestionModesFonctionnement();

#ifdef FMSTR_USE_JTAG

FMSTR1_Poll();

#endif

}

On FreeMaster Software, i used the direct LPT1 JTAG Communication and then everything worked fine.

0 Kudos

xucg
Contributor I

hello,

thank you ! But i cannot find the bean freemaster ! I only find PC master,and it doesn't work ! And I use  USB TAP\Once communication!

0 Kudos

PhilC69
Contributor II

Hello,

i'm using CodeWarrior Developpement studio for DSC56800/E 8.3 with Processor Expert version 3.00 patch 01 for 56800/E family. My license is a standard one.

Try to update your CodeWarrior and Processor Expert versions because on earlier version of Processor Expert the component FreeMaster wasn't created.

The USB TAP should work as well as the direct LPT JTAG. You just have to select it in the FreeMaster software.

0 Kudos

xucg
Contributor I

hello,

thank u for your time!

0 Kudos