CW10 with Processor Expert claims to build but I see no generated code nor build output

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10 with Processor Expert claims to build but I see no generated code nor build output

Ainslie
Contributor II

I am using CW10 with Coldfire 52277 and processor expert. I "Generate Processor Expert Code" but see no files being added to the "Generated_Code" folder (I have 30 Embedded Components), and I see no history/output of what is actually happening. I usually get the "Generating code" message box to pop up, but it disappears after completing. I tried importing a CW7.1 project, with no luck, then tried manually re-creating the project, with same results: no generated files. I have 5 projects from previous CW development, so I have used the environment alot.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

we are sorry for the inconvenience. However from your description it is hard to specify what could cause the problem.

At first could you please check that “Problems” window does not contain any error? Could you also please post here log from “Console“ window?

In case there is a problem with import wizard, as workaround please try the following steps:
Create a new project for 52277.
Try if it generates code using pop-up menu command ‘Generate code’. (The project need to be focused)

Close the project.

Rewrite ProcessorExpert.pe file by the origin *.pe file renamed to the same name.

Open the project.

Update the ProcessorExpert.pe within Eclipse enviroment using "Refresh" menu command (F5) from its pop-up menu.
Generate code common way.
Copy main and code from events to the new created project.

In case the problem persists, please try to enter service request at: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/servicerequest.create_SR.framework

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos

Ainslie
Contributor II

In previous versions of CW, whenever I rebuilt the Processor Exper t Code, all of the ".h" files for the embedded components were created, along with files like PE_const.h, etc. With this new project I created, I cannot get those files to be created, and all of my source files which use these ".h" files therefore cannot be compiled. Below is the output from the "Console" window as well as the "Problems" window. The first error listed indicates a component error yet none of the components show an error when I look at them in the Inspector. The second error is internal to PE. This output is from a "Generate Processor Expert Code" action only, not a complete build of the project.

Console:

**** Clean-only build of configuration MCF52277_Internal_RAM for project Main ****

Build complete for project Main

Problems:

Description Resource Path Location Type
ERROR: Error in the component setting. More details provided by Component Inspector for this component Main  Cpu Processor Expert Errors
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 84 C/C++ Problem
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 87 C/C++ Problem
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 88 C/C++ Problem
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 89 C/C++ Problem
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 90 C/C++ Problem
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 91 C/C++ Problem
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 684 C/C++ Problem
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 690 C/C++ Problem
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 696 C/C++ Problem
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 760 C/C++ Problem
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 773 C/C++ Problem
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 782 C/C++ Problem
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 802 C/C++ Problem
function has no prototype CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 835 C/C++ Problem
INTERNAL ERROR: Unexpected status of script: Drivers\MCF\MCF_Linker.prg, please contact Freescale support. Main  Cpu Processor Expert Errors
make: *** [User_Files/CmdHandler.obj] Error 1 Main  line 0 C/C++ Problem
the file 'ActivityLED.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 40 C/C++ Problem
the file 'ActivityLEDBlink.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 58 C/C++ Problem
the file 'CS_ID_EEPROM.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 60 C/C++ Problem
the file 'CS_IO_Expander.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 51 C/C++ Problem
the file 'DiagLED.h' cannot be opened CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 34 C/C++ Problem
the file 'DiagLED.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 62 C/C++ Problem
the file 'DSP_Comms.h' cannot be opened CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 16 C/C++ Problem
the file 'DSP_Comms.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 38 C/C++ Problem
the file 'EncA.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 55 C/C++ Problem
the file 'EncB.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 56 C/C++ Problem
the file 'Key_Scan_Interrupt.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 57 C/C++ Problem
the file 'KeyColumn1.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 46 C/C++ Problem
the file 'KeyColumn2.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 45 C/C++ Problem
the file 'KeyColumn3.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 44 C/C++ Problem
the file 'KeyRow1.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 47 C/C++ Problem
the file 'KeyRow2.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 48 C/C++ Problem
the file 'KeyRow3.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 49 C/C++ Problem
the file 'KeyRow4.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 50 C/C++ Problem
the file 'LCD_CS.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 32 C/C++ Problem
the file 'LCD_DATA_BUS.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 37 C/C++ Problem
the file 'LCD_RD.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 35 C/C++ Problem
the file 'LCD_RESET.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 36 C/C++ Problem
the file 'LCD_RS.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 33 C/C++ Problem
the file 'LCD_WR.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 34 C/C++ Problem
the file 'One_kHz_interrupt.h' cannot be opened CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 17 C/C++ Problem
the file 'One_kHz_interrupt.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 39 C/C++ Problem
the file 'runtimeDiags.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 61 C/C++ Problem
the file 'SPI_OUT.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 54 C/C++ Problem
the file 'SPI_SCLK.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 53 C/C++ Problem
the file 'SPI_SI.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 52 C/C++ Problem
the file 'TestButton.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 59 C/C++ Problem
the file 'TestButton.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 63 C/C++ Problem
the file 'TestLED.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 41 C/C++ Problem
the file 'TFT_2_8.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 42 C/C++ Problem
the file 'TFT_3_3.h' cannot be opened Events.h Main/Sources line 43 C/C++ Problem
undefined identifier 'false' CmdHandler.c Main/User_Files line 55 C/C++ Problem
Hint: The debugger file Project_Settings\Debugger\MCF52277.xml can't be generated because an internal or an external FLASH doesn't exist or isn't configured. Main  Cpu Processor Expert Errors

0 Kudos

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I wasn´t able to reproduce the problem with a simple 52277 project. Please enter service request.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos