cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic module load in MQX

Jump to solution
JBaker
Contributor I

Hi, I am evaluating the MPC5125 (I only started this year) and am trying to determine whether to use Linux or MQX on the device.

The reason for using Linux is that we already have the code running under both Linux and Windows, but running an RTOS like MQX would have significant advantages.

The code is currently organised into a main program that loads up dll's/so's for i/o control dependant on a configuration file. This allows more than one instance of a dll/so to be loaded up or a different dll/so to be loaded dependant on device location within the system, without program changes.

The question is; Can you dynamically load modules (dll/so style) in MQX as per Windows dlls and Linux so's and if so, what technique is best to do this?

Sorry if this is an obvious question. Thanks in advance for any help.

James

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi James,

Currently FSLMQX is not supporting dynamic loading of applications.  It is good at dynamically changing data files, log files, web files, etc... but not applications.

I think it possible but we just haven't evolved to that stage yet.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi James,

Currently FSLMQX is not supporting dynamic loading of applications.  It is good at dynamically changing data files, log files, web files, etc... but not applications.

I think it possible but we just haven't evolved to that stage yet.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
JBaker
Contributor I

Thanks David. I may be able to change the implementation to get round this, especially as it looks like it will load faster than a linux based system. Will just have to compile the modules all in I guess. Cheers James

0 Kudos
JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi JBaker,

MQX RTOS is not self-hosting operating system. You can workaround that, but there are not plans to add this mechanism to MQX as it also brings a lot of security issues.

0 Kudos