Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB BDM Multilink for HCS08

Jump to solution
leesp
Contributor I

Hi,

I would like to do debugging & flashing of code to MC9S08JM32.

I noted that there is a USD99 USB BDM Multilink from P&E Micro. My question is:

- Do I need to purchase other software in order to be able to do background debugging and flashing of code using the Multilink?

I already have CodeWarrior for Microcontroller.

Thanks..

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hello,

No. All the required software is included with Codewarrior.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hello,

No. All the required software is included with Codewarrior.

0 Kudos
leesp
Contributor I

Hi Peg,

Thanks for the answer.

Assuming I plugged in the USB Multilink now, what do I need to do with CodeWarrior? I mean how do I start the flashing operation? I search "flash commands" in the CodeWarrior Help but couldn't find how to quick start.

0 Kudos
leesp
Contributor I

I am using CodeWarrior's True-Time Simulator & Real-Time Debugger with PEMicro USB BDM Multilink to flash code and debug.

On the True-Time Simulator's "Memory" window, what should I do so that I could see real time refresh of a memory variable? I mean in my code, as it runs, a variable keeps changing. But I have to right-click on the Memory window and do a "Refresh" in order to see how the variable changes.

Can't it refresh automatically?

0 Kudos
TurboBob
Contributor IV

On the memory and watch windows you can right click and set the mode to 'Periodic' and select the refresh rate.

Bob

0 Kudos
leesp
Contributor I

I need advice on how to use the USB BDM Multilink for flashing code into microcontroller. I did it this way:

- In CodeWarrior IDE, do whatever code changes as necessary. Then 'Project -> Make' to compile the code

- Click the 'Debug' buttor to bring up the True-Time Simulator & Real-Time Debugger

- Make sure the Berg connector is already plugged in, and powered on

- In the PEMICRO Connection Manager, click 'Connect (Reset)'. The BDM Multilink should be connected to the microcontroller now

- Click 'No' on the 'Erase and Program Flash?' dialog box

- In the True-Time Simulator window, 'File -> Load Application..' and choose the *.abs file to load

- Click 'Yes' on the 'Erase and Program Flash?' dialog box

- The code should be flashed successfully into the microcontroller

- Click the 'Start/Continue (F5)' green icon to start running the code and debugging

Is this the right process?

0 Kudos
peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hello,

You should be able to leave out your steps 5 & 6 IIRC.

0 Kudos
peg
Senior Contributor IV

Hello,

I am not a user of Codewarrior, but I believe there is an option to "update on halt" or something like that.

0 Kudos