Use of intrinsic for SC3400 core

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of intrinsic for SC3400 core

DeepakJoshi
Contributor I

I am looking is the intrinsics which can help me in finding result cross product of two complex no and give me real and imag part in 32 bit registers. I require this for SC3400 core. For the TI processor the intrinsic available for this type of computation are _mpyh,_mpylh,_mpy and _mpyhl.

Now acc to AN3434.pdf it says the equivalent to those TI intrinsic are V_L_mult_ll , V_L_mult_lh V_L_mult_hh and V_L_mult_hl But when i use this intrinsic it gives me the reult which is scaled by 2. IS I am missing something or doing something wrong.

Can some one please point out this.

Regards Deepak

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

starcoreDSP
Contributor II

TI uses integer format data and SC3400 uses fractional data. Both of them are fixed point arithmetic, but with different radix point. Please see attached file for the difference on integer multiplication and fractional multiplication.

0 Kudos

deep_joshi
Contributor I

Hi,

Thnx for urs reply and sorry for my delayed response.

so have gone back to the intrinsic and yes there is clearly written its signed fractional multiplication which I didnt see... actually i saw migrtaion from TI guide nd directly tried to replace ... Thnks for yours clarification

Br

Deepak Joshi

0 Kudos