cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send data from my DEMOJM to pc, help!

chepoes
Contributor I

Hi everyone

I use a demo jm board with a mcf51jm128 microcontroller, and i'd like to adquire data in my pc with labview software. I don't know well how to get communication between the demojm and my pc. 

I've read that i could create a virtual com serial port that would appear in windows device manager. I thought the J4 jumpers would connect the mini-USB port to the SCIx pins so that I could use it to send serial data from a PC. I tried it but i don't know well how to do it.

In other way, i can install the demojm drivers in labview to work like an usb raw device. But i'd prefer if it was possible with a serial com port because i think it's easier, i only want to send analog to digital converted data from the demojm to my pc. What is the best way?

please, help me if you know a way to do it.
thanks

chepoes

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

chepoes
Contributor I

any answer?

0 Kudos

chepoes
Contributor I

up

0 Kudos

Cesco
Contributor I

Hi, i have the same problem, did you solve it? If yes, could i know how? If it helps, what i know is that there's a P&E toolkit (you can find it in the CD-rom supplied with the DEMOJM) which install a "Termina Windows" on your pc. This is a black windows where virtual serial port's output will appear (that's what someone told me). My problem is how to send datas to this virtual serial port. I tryed by setting register (like mcf51jm128's datasheet suggest) but i can't make this working. If someone knows something usefull please share! :smileyhappy: Thank you all guys!

0 Kudos

chepoes
Contributor I

hi, i've used the cmx stack in order to create a virtual COM port. Just follow the jm128Lab pdf file, and do the cdc example. But i have to advice you that the drivers to create that port are not compatible with windows vista. So if you use that OS, ask Freescale for the ".inf" driver file. I got it, i could send it too, just ask for. Good Luck! :smileyhappy: 

0 Kudos

Cesco
Contributor I

Thank you,

anyway, in the end, i created a new function to send data to the virtual serial port by setting the register in the micro. The problem that knock me out was due to the fact the i didn't wait for the opportune flag to be set before transmitting, so communications were in conflict. I'm not going to annoy you with more details but if you need to know (or just want to) just ask me back! :smileyhappy:

Best regards,

Francesco

0 Kudos