cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO driver under MQX (alternative)

Kafre
Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm developing a Ethernet bootloader for a MCF54455, using CW10 and MQX 3.6.1 Right now I'm reading the MQX Drivers Users Guide and I realized that my MCU doesn't have MQX GPIO Driver. I don`t really now how does this affect to the MCF54455 ability to access directly to it's pins.

Is possible to use other alternatives to access to my MCUs pins under MQX? Witch ones? Maybe MCF54455_GPIO.h? Surely there is a way to do so, but what happens to the MQX tasks then? I mean, is the Real Time Broken? Does the MQX hang?

Thanks a lot,

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Kafre
Contributor III

Ok, solved.

I can still use the generic GPIO driver to access to the pins. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

Kafre
Contributor III

I have just read the io_gpio.h and I can't use the Generic Driver if I don't have the specific hw driver, so the problem is still open. Sorry.

0 Kudos

LordMark
Contributor IV

I'm working on CW 7.2 and MCF52259. Once I turned the board leds on and off using:

VMCF5225_STRUCT_PTR reg_ptr = (VMCF5225_STRUCT_PTR)BSP_IPSBAR;

and then accessing the GPIO registers whose data structure is defined in MQX. For example:

reg_ptr->GPIO.PORTTC = 0x00; reg_ptr->GPIO.DDRTC = 0x00;

Hope it helps, regards,

Marco

Kafre
Contributor III

Hello again,

Could you please show me where can I find the GPIO registers data structures defined in MQX?

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The processor register definitions are in the mcf5225.h header file contained in the PSP project.

Specifically for the MCF52259 it is located in the default install path of:

C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.6\mqx\source\psp\coldfire\mcf5225.h

Regards,

David

Kafre
Contributor III

Thanks, that will do it.

0 Kudos

Kafre
Contributor III

Thank you Lord Mark. I will try it. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos