cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCSProtocolPlugin : Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain

SrinivasCh
Contributor I

PPC: p4080 QorIQ

Target: Bank 0's RCW got overwritten with wrong RCW by mistake. Need to re-program bank-0's RCW to make it up.

Setup:

Code Warrior 10.0 has been installed on host machine(Ubuntu-10.10), After creating p4080 project tried to debug project to re-program damaged RCW. Following error observed and couldn't continue further to re-program. USB Tap and all setup is looking good.

Error: 

CCSProtocolPlugin : Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain [CCS last error: HRESET occurred during transaction]

Questions:

1) Code Warrior's USB Tap LED is always red(pause mode according to documents), is it a problem to debug project? If so how to change it to run mode?

2) How to solve CCSProtocolPlugin problem? 

3) I am following documents to program RCW, is there any simple way to make it up?

Labels (1)
5 Replies

weilking
Contributor I

Hi, 

I guess I suffered the same problem with you after I mistakenly download on flash. Codewarrior always pops up the following error:

CCS ProtocolPlugin: Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain

and CCS server shows warmings:

There are no command converters configured

cant listening on port

Seems default RCW image has been destroyed, that causes board cannt be brought up correctly. Therefore, JTAG cant receive necessary information from P4080DS. 

Need reflash boot image in nor flash?

Have you solved this problem? 

Weil

0 Kudos

skorek
Contributor I

I am having a very similar issue. The only difference is the CCSProtocolPlugin error message says "Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain(CCSProtocolPlugin"

Did you get your setup to work.

Were you able to successfully restored your RCW?

Tx

0 Kudos

CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just as info as I run into this issue before too.

If the RCW used on a P4080 gets corrupted, one way to flash back a valid RCW is with a CW debugger feature called RCW Override. The debugger manual contains a small paragraph about it. 

Basically the feature uses a custom "jtag configuration file" to tell the debugger a RCW to use instead of the default one, this way the debugger succeeds to control the P4080 regardless of the RCW in flash. Then the debuggers flash framework can be used to reprogramm the proper RCW.

For details search for "JTAG Configuration File to Override RCW" in the help.

The basic steps are:

- get a working RCW. As editor for RCW the "Processor Expert Software: QorIQ Configuration Suite" eclipse extension can be downloaded form the fsl wep page (Note: those plugins are not contained in PA10.1 by default).

- Create a CW JTAG Configuration file. The QorIO Configuration Suite can export its RCW in the propert format when selecting the Output Format "RCW[0:511] CW JTAG Config".

- Save the JTag Configuration file with extension *.txt (the  *.pbl extension as used by Processor expert does cannot be imported in CW).

- Follow the description in the "Setting a Remote System to Use a JTAG Configuration File" help topic (quite long actually)

- As warning, the help does not mention this, but when performing those steps the debugger use an empty target initialization file for the new system. Change that to what it was prior to the import (for stationary P4080DS: ${ProjDirPath}/CFG/P4080DS_init_core.tcl), same for the memory configuration file (${ProjDirPath}/CFG/P4080DS.mem).

Daniel

PS: I used this for a QorIQ P4/P5 devices. Doubt that this works for a mpc83xx.

abhishekojha
Contributor II

Hii,

Is T4240RDB rev1 Supports RCW override functionality... or any T4 series?

bcoz whenever i am trying to use it .

It throws an error "Failed To configure the JTAG chain. Simulator/CCS is already configured to use a JTAG Chain different than the target specified in codewarrior debugger settings"

Thanks

0 Kudos

set
Contributor I

HI, I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. plz tell me if you find the reason .

CCS: 0000    :    ccs_config_chain
CCS:        :        serverh = 0
CCS:        :        cc = 0
CCS:        :        device_list: (size = 1)
CCS:        :            device[0]:: core_type=55;    device_descr=[ir_length:0;dr_bypass_length:0;bypass_instruction:0]
CCS:        :    ccs_config_chain; ccs_error = 39
CCS:        :        Error message:
mpc83xx: Core not responding

CCS: 0000    :    ccs_close
CCS:        :        serverh = 0
CCS:        :    ccs_close; ccs_error = 0

0 Kudos