IR decoding with HCS08

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IR decoding with HCS08

diarmadhi
Contributor I

I'm am using a MC9S08JM16 chip with a IR receiver attached to the IRQ line (external interrupt).  Now I'm using the CodeWarrior  for microcontrollers v10.0.  I'm also using the Processor Expert to create modules such as UART.  However, there is no useful IR module.  I've also tried searching for "IR", "infrared", "decoder" and other combos in the support sections and have not come up with anything useful.  Basically, what I'm curious to know is if there is any sample code, helpful hints, or something that explains how to set up an IR decoding protocol with the IDE and chip I'm using, anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

could you please specify what kind of protocol the transmitter use? Do you need to decode RC-5 protocol?

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos

diarmadhi
Contributor I

/Unfortunately, I don't know what protocol the IR transmitter remote uses.  I do know that it is a Remotec BW7070 universal remote, but that is it.  The IR receiver I'm using is an Osram SFH5110.  When attaching an oscilloscope to the data line of the receiver, I can determine the binary, and therefore the hex value of each signal the receiver sends to the JM16.  I could give a list of the hex values if that would help.  I also know the bit length of the start, one, and zero bits as well as the period.  Will that make things easier?

Start bit = 19ms

One bit = 38ms

Zero bit = 67ms

Period = 115ms

data signals:

0x30

0x3F

0x37

0x28

0x17

0x0F

0x2F