Crazy errors trying to install Codewarrior 10 on Ubuntu 10.10 (amd64)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy errors trying to install Codewarrior 10 on Ubuntu 10.10 (amd64)

markslFS
Contributor I

Dear all,

Am I going crazy or have I missed something?

I have downloaded the 700MB tar file from the Special Edition web page.

When I extract it, it creates a single directory called "disk1".

Inside that directory, there is an executable script called "setuplinux".

When I run that script, it terminates with an error message saying there is insufficient disk space in /tmp to extract the files. But there is more than 30GB free!

If I tell it to ignore disk space checks (-is:nospacecheck), it fails with "no JRE installed". But the open JDK is pre-installed.

I have even installed the jre/jdk from Sun (java6). Still no luck.

When I try and specify the java home (-is:javahome <path the any of the jre's>), it still fails.

If I enable debugging (-is:log debug.log [I think, I can't remember offhand]), the log file contents messages saying that it can't find the JRE from the environment or the jvmlist..

If I manually run the installation wizard: "java -cp mcu_10.jar run" (or whatever the jar is called), the install shield dialog comes up, and after I specify the target directory, the wizard spends about 20 - 30 seconds doing nothing (no network, disk or CPU activity) before complaining about a missing dependency (ldd) and that cwde is not installed.

Thereafter there are a few more error dialogs.

After all this, there are no files installed at the installation directory (/usr/local/Freescale/...).

Please, what am I missing? 

Has anyone installed onto Ubuntu 10.10 64bit?

Regards,

Kevin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

markslFS
Contributor I

Well now, I don't know exactly what I did, but now the setuplinux scripts works!

Since the first time I tried, I have:

installed eclipse for Java development,

rebooted,

run the Sun java 6 jre installer.

I also manually copied the few 32-bit libX libraries listed in the readme, into /lib32 (from an i386 install iso of Ubuntu).

Who knows what actually solved the problem?

0 Kudos