cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-MPC5125-KIT Linux LTIB?

PaulYu
Contributor I

Dear all,

Does Freescale provide TWR-MPC5125-KIT Linux LTIB?

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-MPC5125-KIT&parentCode=MPC5125&fp...

I only found the Linux BSP for MPC5125.

Thank you.

7 Replies

sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

I noticed several commits to mainline Linux for twr-mpc5125 support few weeks ago so you might want to give this a try. Perhaps you won't need LTIB and can use the mainline kernel directly.

0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

hello,

Are you looking for TWRMPC5125LINUXBSP

rdw
Contributor I

Basically the answer is no there is no LTIB for the TWR-MPC5125. Se conversation below.

Request was:

I am starting development on the TWR-MPC5125. I downloaded TWRMPC5125LinuxBSP.zip (from 4/5/2010) but there doesn't seem to be any ltib in this one. The CD documentation (TWRMPC5125UM) it says under 7.1.1 "Install cross compiler tool chains  Tools install from the LTIB package, you can refer to the LTIB help  documentation for detailed installation instructions". Which ltib is referenced here?

Answers from freescale

The TWRMPC5125LinuxBSP.zip is not LTIB BSP. It is LimeOS BSP. The Linux BSP for Freescale ADS512101 silicon rev 2M34K and M36P supports also MPC5125.

(http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=CWF-MPC512xADS&nodeId=0127260061033...).

The documentation from CD contains information for this LTIB.

----------------------

Our response was basically that the above does not work. So later we got the response below

--------------------

Second answer

In reply to your message regarding Service Request:

There is a company called Timesys (timesys.com) that is also providing a linux bsp for TWR-MPC5125. They utilize a web based toolchain to build the bsp. We have not tried it out, however we are in contact with Timesys about it.

Should you need to contact us with regard to this message, please see the notes below.

Best Regards,

Technical Support

Freescale Semiconductor

---------------------

This means to me means that there is no usable BSP to start linux development from, The limeOS is not meant for small devices and not suitable to start from. Maybe develop something from openembedded could be an alternative?

To get timesys real and usable product is some $5000 a year, I have no experience with Timesys so I don't know if it is worth the money.

0 Kudos

JBaker
Contributor I

Just thought I would add that I have managed to get the ADS5121 BSP LTIB package to use the TWRMPC5125LinuxBSP and toolchain and thus support the MPC5125 processor in the tower system. Finally got it booting across NFS from a OpenSuse 11.3 VM as well. What solution did you end up with?

Regards

JBaker

0 Kudos

FCortes
Contributor I

JBaker,

I have been trying to do the same thing but have not had much luck. Can you share with us the changes you made to get the TWR5125 BSP to work with the LTIB? I would really really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

rdw
Contributor I

We ended up using openembedded which we now run on our own board, I now work on another project so I have not been involved in getting openembedded up. Nice work getting up LTIB, out of curiosity what did you have to do to get up LTIB? Is it documented somewhere?

Best regards

0 Kudos

PeterTeoh
Contributor I

Sorry for coming late.   The URL for timesys is here:

https://linuxlink.timesys.com/webshare/2/index.pt/timesys/factory/mpc5125-twr_small_footprint/1/outp...

And as quoted from the site:   "NOTE: Only paid subscribers can download the Factory Build System.", otherwise all the sources for building the binaries for the MPC5125 is freely downloadable from Timesys.

Correct?

0 Kudos