Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Copy a Processor Expert Project

Jump to solution
rsk2
Contributor I

Hello,

I have developed a C project using Processor Expert and now I would like to copy this project. (I have the same processor with the mostly the same functionality on two different boards). I tried copying the folder and renaming some files, but the PE settings did not get transfered. Is there a tool to handle moving the PE settings?

Thank you,
Randy

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I am guessing that you are using CodeWarrior Classic, because you have not mentioned this information in your post.

I think that the easiest way will be the following (this steps also match for renaming a project without point 4):

1- Create new PE Project with MCU that you use

2 - Using “Import…” menu command import all PE settings from origin project (import menu command is available in pop-up menu of "Project Panel" window by clicking into white space)

3 - Copy Events.c, Events.h, and main module from origin project into new one (eventually also user modules)

4 - Set PE components according to another PCB

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I am guessing that you are using CodeWarrior Classic, because you have not mentioned this information in your post.

I think that the easiest way will be the following (this steps also match for renaming a project without point 4):

1- Create new PE Project with MCU that you use

2 - Using “Import…” menu command import all PE settings from origin project (import menu command is available in pop-up menu of "Project Panel" window by clicking into white space)

3 - Copy Events.c, Events.h, and main module from origin project into new one (eventually also user modules)

4 - Set PE components according to another PCB

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos