cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB TAP Problem with MPC8323E-RDB

viz
Contributor I

Hello Friends,

First pls let me give you some details of my environment...

1) I have two Freescale USB TAP

* 900-20659 Rev B series.

* 900-75115 Rev B Series

2) My Code Warrior Version is 8.8

3) OS: WinXP

4) Target Board is MPC8323E-RDB

5) I am using factory of project & debug settings and I have attached configuration snapshots

6) I also used the default Flash Programmer Settings File (8323RDB_FLASH.xml) and Target Init file (8323RDB_init.cfg) that came along with CodeWarrior Installation.

Now, My problem is that when I try to FLASH NOR Flash with "900-20659 Rev B" USB TAP it shows this Status Message - "Error:  Connect Failed". 

(Detailed log attached as a USB TAP Error_1.txt)

AND when I try to FLASH NOR Flash with "900-75115 Rev B" USB TAP it shows Status Message - "Error:  Initialization Failed.". 

(Detailed log attached as a USB TAP Error_2.txt)

I could not find out where and what problem is. Please let me know Is it regarding settings/configuration of project, debuggr, config files etc... or both USB TAP are faulty.

Thank you very much

Apurva

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

dana_azurin
Contributor III

One thing you can try is to force a RCW via JTAG, this is often required if your board does not have anything in flash.

In your USB TAP Config window, check the box for "Use JTAG Configuration file" and choose the file:

<installation directory>\Freescale\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Support\Initialization_Files\jtag_chains\8323RDB_HRCW_jtag.txt

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos