cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 6.0->6.2 update

rdazcal
Contributor III

Greetings,

I have MQX 3.6.0 installed and I found in the site the MQX 3.6.2 update patch.

But it says it's from 3.6.1 to 3.6.2. Can I use it on 3.6.0 or should I first update to 3.6.1? But I can't find a 3.6.0->3.6.1 update file...

0 Kudos
6 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You should be able to upgrade multiple ways...either the incremental approach you mention.  Here is link to FSLMQX3/6/1 patch/

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=MQXSWDWARCH&tid=m32MQX 

Or just download the entire FSLMQX3.6.2 installer:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MQX&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

I just posted another thread about this, then found this thread, so I will move my post here!

It appears that the update.exe has an error, if you read the error message you get:

Quote:

Fresscale MQX 3.6 - InstallSheild Wizard

The Setup has detected older version of MQX.

You have to update to Freescale MQX version 3.6.2 before installing this patch

Must be 3.6.2 to install 3.6.2? My head hurts

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carl,

I've notified our FSLMQX developers of the update patch issue.

In mean time try the install of the full FSLMQX3.6.2.  I did this yesterday without issue...hope that is same for you.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

PetrL
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You are right there is bug in the FSLMQXOS_3_6_2_update.exe (differential update package). The bug appears in following scenario.

FSLMQXOS_3_6_1(full) -> FSLMQXOS_3_6_2_update.exe

The scenarios bellow should work fine:

FSLMQXOS_3_6_0 -> FSLMQXOS_3_6_2.exe (full)

FSLMQXOS_3_6_0 -> FSLMQXOS_3_6_2_update.exe

FSLMQXOS_3_6_0 -> FSLMQXOS_3_6_1.exe (full or update) -> FSLMQXOS_3_6_2_update.exe

FSLMQXOS_3_6_0 -> FSLMQXOS_3_6_1.exe (full or update) -> FSLMQXOS_3_6_2.exe (full)

FSLMQXOS_3_6_1 -> FSLMQXOS_3_6_2.exe (full)

FSLMQXOS_3_6_2.exe (full) stand alone

We are working on the solution. Fixed FSLMQXOS_3_6_2_update.exe should be available tomorrow.

Note - if you experienced unsuccessful installation using FSLMQXOS_3_6_2_update.exe then you have to use full install package (FSLMQXOS_3_6_2.exe) for installation. After installing update you must to run it again; select Modify and enable the features which are new in MQX 3.6.2 (TWR-K60, TWR-K40 BSPs and IAR extensions).

We are very sorry for inconvenience.

PetrL

0 Kudos

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

Thanks David / Peter, intalling the complete install worked just fine. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

MQX 3.6.2 refuse to install over 3.6.1, it always complains about it doesn't find previous release.

0 Kudos