Beekit & loss of coordinator confirm messages

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beekit & loss of coordinator confirm messages

Gateslinger
Contributor I

Using the MyWirelessApp as a baseline for my code with lots of mods.  Noticed that the coordinator stack will "skip" sending coordinator confirmation messages if there's a backup of messages. 

Example:  I've got a network of 6 end devices asking for a coordination (all at various times).  If they ask coordnationroughly at the same time, I will see the coordinator associating the device but the message back to the device is lost and thus the device never proceeds to start working.  I usually see a minimum of one, sometimes all 6 end devices that never get the coordination message back.

Using the MC1321x hardware on both the coordinator and device.  Codewarrior 6.2, BeeKit 1.9.15.  Both the coordinator and end device uses a single-ended antenna setup. 

Any thoughts on where to begin on debugging the stack?  Have I reached a software limit on processing coordination messages?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Gateslinger
Contributor I

More details of the bug...

Using the HCS08 MAC codebase 2.0.0 for both the device and coordiantor.  In the event of the problem, the coordinator sees the device coordination request but fails to send out the coordination confirm message back to the device. 

Then the coordinator SMAC locks up and refuses any new coordination messages.  Any requests by a device goes unnoticed by the coordinator.  This includes new devices that it has never seen before or the orphaned devices that the coordinator says they have already coordinated but the device never got the message. 

Apparently the SMAC Beekit stack is not robust in handling issues?  Where does one begin to debug code hidden in a library? 

0 Kudos