Padelis Floudas

68HC16 assembler and USB BDM interface!

Discussion created by Padelis Floudas on Nov 1, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 1, 2010 by Padelis Floudas

Hi there,

My name is Padelis and i am from Greece!

I have some 68HC16 boards and i want to write some programs for that CPU. I know that the world has moved on but this is what i have got now!

I am looking for a good assembler for that CPUs or even better a good C IDE enviropment! I am used to C language but if there is no chance for such an enviropment i can do it on assembly also! I am saying that C is easier to me!

Do you have any recommendations? I have heard something about an assembler that Motorola released some years ago and i think that this should be the best option. Is this still available?

Now on the other side of the project!

I am creating a modern BDM interface for all the developers that work on CPU16 and CPU32 processors! I am keeping it as simple as it can be! So i purchased a FT245 development board and started coding! The FT245 is an IC from FTDI with 8 data lines and bitbang modes! I am using sychronous bitbang mode and i transform the old drivers code from motorola! What i have done till now is to enter BDM mode! When i try to read some data from the CPU i get all 0x00s!

So if anyone can help me on this one i am all ears!

Thank you in advance!

Padelis

Outcomes