I was looking for some advice on the serial port bean setting. I am experiencing character drops from the serial port.
I tested using hyperterminal and (bean selected rates) set to 9600 baud (even lower baud rates don't seem to help).
I have code that takes input chars and echos them out.
I send a text file out, and what I get back is mostly what I sent except a few characters might be missing here and there.
even when I simply type into the hyperterminal window I get predictable missing characters (not every time but a larger percentage of the time) when I type lower case p's and x's (0x70 and 0x80 or b01110000 and b01111000) which leads me to believe I have a timing / interrupt issue.
The cable length is short and keyboard is good.
I am using the freescale demo9s08Gb60-sp board which uses only external 32Khz or internal oscilators, neither of which is fast.
I also tried to alleviate any processor issues by using buffers, but I don't think that was it.
My question is:
Should I look at code,
Should I look to override the clock with a faster xtal oscillator,
Or is there something I am missing in the setup for the bean / serial port set up.