The latest version of the hardware/software & firmware for the above is available at this location.
- V4.0 (September 2010) - Significant changes in some areas - Please read carefully
- Support for Linux and Windows7 64-bit (Eclipse version of Codewarrior only)
- To support the 64-bit version of Windows it has been necessary to update to using libusb-V1 drivers. For consistency this is also done on Linux. As part of this process the VID/PID for the hardware (BDM) has been changed. This will allow the co-existence of Freescale's OSBDM-JM60 hardware while using a new driver for USBDM. Formerly both these BDMs used the same VID/PID and changes to the driver would not be possible.
- Programming utilities for RS08, HCS08 and CFV1 are now (officially) included.
- Support for MC56F800x (digital signal controllers) added. This is only available on USBDM_CF BDMs and the Axiom MC56F8006 Demoboard.
- Minor bug fixes
- The addition of DSC support has pushed the firmware size to greater than 16K on the USBDM_JMxx-CF version. This means that MC9S08JM32/60 chip must be used.
- Changed to wxWidgets for common GUI code on Windows and Linux
Please note that these design are different from the Freescale OSBDM-JM60 design which was proceeding independently while I was doing the above designs.
Linux files will be uploaded in the next few days.
Its a BETA because there have been lots of changes in how it operates so probably some undiscovered bugs.