Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPRs and Script points

Jump to solution
JohanGamboa
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using CodeWarrior IDE version 5.9.0, Build 2521 and the Freescale MPC8270 (Power Quicc II) microprocessor

Is it possible to change the value of any GPR using a script point? If that is the case, can you give me an idea how to do it

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ronco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sure.  Using an Eventpoint->Script Point (described in CodeWarrior IDE 5.7 Windows User's Guide.pdf) you can do this in one of two ways.  For the first, select "Commands" as your pulldown option in the Script Point Settings window then enter something like

reg GPR30 = 5

as your operative command to set GPR5 to the value of 5.  Any other command that works in the Command Window will also work as a Script Point command.

For the second method, select "Script File" as your pulldown option and select a .tcl file that does what you want to do.  You can test this .tcl script file in the Command Window using "source <script-file-name.tcl>".  I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ron

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ronco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sure.  Using an Eventpoint->Script Point (described in CodeWarrior IDE 5.7 Windows User's Guide.pdf) you can do this in one of two ways.  For the first, select "Commands" as your pulldown option in the Script Point Settings window then enter something like

reg GPR30 = 5

as your operative command to set GPR5 to the value of 5.  Any other command that works in the Command Window will also work as a Script Point command.

For the second method, select "Script File" as your pulldown option and select a .tcl file that does what you want to do.  You can test this .tcl script file in the Command Window using "source <script-file-name.tcl>".  I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ron

0 Kudos
JohanGamboa
Contributor I

Thanks a lot Ron.

Your help was very usefull to me!

0 Kudos