MC13224V - ARM7 BeeStack CodeBase 3.0.8 NETWORK PROBLEM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC13224V - ARM7 BeeStack CodeBase 3.0.8 NETWORK PROBLEM

ENDEM
Contributor I

I am trying to put about 50 ZED (End devices) joined to a ZC (controller) without any Router. I have tried with the Beekit example of "Ha Thermostat" for the ZC and "Ha TempSensor" for the ZED devices. I have checked that for above 10 ZED devices several ZEDs start to NOT communicate with the ZC. I have used the ZeD 1.6.0 to confirm it, and also my Graphical User Interface. Note that ONLY “mDefaultValueOfExtendedAddress_c” of the ZEDs have been modified from the example. It seems totally a NETWORK problem. The used Codebase is the "ARM7 BeeStack CodeBase 3.0.8"

Please Note that I have also noticed that the ZED address is automatically changed. How can be possible if I have hardcoded the "mDefaultValueOfExtendedAddress_c" variable?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

DedsBee
Contributor II

Hello ENDEM,

I'm facing the same problem. Zigbee stack profile 1 limits the number of children to 20 (14 end devices + 6 routers). I don't know if Zigbee PRO limits it but I think beestack needs some limitation because of table sizes and that kind of stuffs. MC13224 has a lot of RAM but not infinite...

I did an experience and tried to join as many End Devices as possible to only one coordinator. I got 70 End Devices joined and I just did not get more because I stoped the experience, but I think Beestack is not limiting the joining procedure. And of course, coordinator doesn't have enough RAM to store all information from that lot of children, so it stops to send/receive data to/from some End Devices.

Someone coud help here? This is really strange... I need that limitation because I'm developing an application that End Devices sends data that is concentrated in its parents. I don't have enough memory to concentrate data from a lot of End Device. So, everything was calculated to concentrate data from max 14 End Devices. Now, beestack got me with that strange thing..

I appreciate any help!

Regards,

DedsBee

0 Kudos

ENDEM
Contributor I

Dear DedsBee,

This is the response from Freescale. Hope it helps you.

Dear Galder Bengoa,

In reply to your Service Request SR 1-671932297:

The ZigBee feature set always employs the distributed addressing scheme with:

*nwkMaxDepth = 5

*nwkMaxChildren = 20

*nwkMaxRouters = 6

That means a ZC could handle up to 20 children devices, 6 routers and 14 end devices specifically. These limits are define sin the ZigBee specification and thus are the limits that ZigBee supports. This has nothing to do with Freescale's solution, but zigbee in general

You are attempting to connect 50 ZeD to a single ZC which cannot be handled (max. 6 routers and 14 end devices). Having 50 nodes "polling" would not represent a workable stable solution. If you connect more than 14 ZeD to a single ZC you may have problems with the network. In order to connect the 50 devices you must use routers, and thus increase the network capabilities.

For more information about the Major capabilities of the ZigBee network layer, please refer to the ZigBee specification. You can download it for free from the ZigBee Alliance website http://zigbee.org/.

Best Regards,

Galder

0 Kudos

DedsBee
Contributor II

Dear Galder,

That is what I was talking about in previous post. But, the fact is that Beestack is not limiting 20 children (14 End Devices + 6 Routers) for each router.

Routers have two flags (sended in response to beacons) that indicates actual children capacity. One flag that indicates if the router is accepting End Devices associations and one flag that indicates if the router is accepting Router associations. So, when the limit of 14 End Devices is reached, the corresponding flag is set and the node that is requesting association knows that the router could not accept more End Devices. The same thing occurs when the limit of 6 routers already associated is reached.

So, in previous versions of Beestack, when that limits occurs, the router (or coordinator) simply does not accepted any other End Device/Router to join. But in Beestack 3.08, that limit appears to not exist and you can join as many devices (End Devices or Routers) you want to! This is not right, because all the tables (neighboor table, route table etc) will be full, and the parent will not be able to talk with a lot of childrens. Actually, it keeps sending Route Requests but off course it will not get any response if the End Device is a sleeping device.

I really don't know what is wrong. I wrote to Freescale but got no response yet. I will let you know if I get any news!

Regards,

DedsBee

0 Kudos

ENDEM
Contributor I

Thank you very much DedsBee.

When you are talking about association to the Router, do you mean "binding"? If not, how can I perform the association?? Sorry for my ignorance, but I am beginning with the Zigbee programming.

Best Regards,

Galder

0 Kudos