cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC13224V I/O output level less than power voltage

Jump to solution
josito
Contributor I

I have a question about the level VOH in MC13224V. I have a board with a MC13224V powered by a 3.1V voltage. In a series of five boards I have two with output levels of 2.4V and three with roughly 3.1V. Those levels include Serial ports. The behavior of the microprocessor is correct as far as I test. What could this behavoir due to?. I have checked the hi and Lo driver register with no difference in level.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
redbee
Contributor III

josito wrote:

I have a question about the level VOH in MC13224V. I have a board with a MC13224V powered by a 3.1V voltage. In a series of five boards I have two with output levels of 2.4V and three with roughly 3.1V. Those levels include Serial ports. The behavior of the microprocessor is correct as far as I test. What could this behavoir due to?. I have checked the hi and Lo driver register with no difference in level.

Thanks in advance

I have seen this happen as a result of damage to the chip (static or pulling pins above Vbatt) as well as if pins are forced to ground if they shouldn't be.

I'd check for manufacturing problems unless there is a possibility the mc13224v is getting damaged (EMI or other transients above 3.6V)

-Mar.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
redbee
Contributor III

josito wrote:

Thanks in advance

I have seen this happen as a result of damage to the chip (static or pulling pins above Vbatt) as well as if pins are forced to ground if they shouldn't be.

I'd check for manufacturing problems unless there is a possibility the mc13224v is getting damaged (EMI or other transients above 3.6V)

-Mar.

0 Kudos
josito
Contributor I

Thank you for the prompt answer I will keep on it

0 Kudos