problem of simulator

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem of simulator

foxnboy
Contributor I

hi,i downloaded cw8.8 pro eva edition,and created a project for mpc755,the target is set as simulator,but it can't connect to the simulator, the message from ccssim2 is like "socket error 0" and  the ide pop up a message:check the jtag chain and pulginin extention error...something like that. if i change the target processor to mpc83xx,the error disappers,and the ide can connect to target successfully. does the simulator support mpc750? or 7410 or 8260? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ronco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, as you discovered, 8.8 CodeWarrior for Power Architecture debugger does not support an instruction set simulator (ISS) for the MPC7xx processors.  We have ISS support for MPC83xx, MPC85xx and MPC86xx processors (described in ...\CodeWarrior PA V8.8\PowerPC_EABI_Support\Documentation\README\ISS_README.txt) but not for MPC7xx processors.  The CodeWarrior EPPC New Project Wizard should not include the option for selecting "Simulator" when you create a new MPC755 project.  That's a bug in CodeWarrior that will be reported to the design team.  Thank you for pointing out this error.  Meanwhile please do not select "Simulator" for MPC7xx projects.  I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ron

0 Kudos