connection to programming adapter

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection to programming adapter

aurora
Contributor I

I am using a PAS08W1628T28 programming adapter, this adapter is connected to a P&E cyclone pro through MON08 interface. Also, the P&E cyclone pro is connected to a PC USB port. The MCU is MC908QC8 (28 pin TSSOP). I have connected jumpers from J3 to J6 on the programming adapter board (PAS08W1628T28) by one to one connection (J3-1 to J6-1, J3-2 to J6-2,…….. J3-16 to J6-16). When I run Codewarrior 6.2, it shows a message “Could not measure target baudrate”. P&E Connection Manager window shows “Connection Status Summary YNNNN”. Have I missed other jumper connections? what I have done wrong? P&E cyclone pro is working correctly when it connects to a 908Q programming adapter (Slicon Engines).

thanks,

aurora

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

aurora
Contributor I

The problem has resolved.

Thanks all

Aurora

0 Kudos

Lundin
Senior Contributor IV

I can't answer the question.

However, you should be aware that whenever working with 68HC08, you will spend 90% of your time troubleshooting the horrible MON08 interface.

You will have to read up every little detail in the manual about the MON08, there is a page telling how 6 or so different pins should be at startup. Pull-up there, pull-down there, clocks, serial data, osc trimming, 9VDC. -You will have to check all those things with an oscilloscope, over and over again.

I've worked with maybe four different 68HC08 chips on different projects, and was always the same. MON08 was always the culprit. Naturally it works different for every derivate as well, of course they couldn't have the same MON08 for all 68HC08.

The only sensible solution is to use HCS08 instead.

0 Kudos